Wednesday, February 6, 2008


Tayli Elizabeth Bennett



Tayli was born November 12th, 2007 in Sierra Vista, AZ. She was 6 lbs 7 oz and 20 1/2 inches long! We found out that she would be ours in May of 2007! Although we had 6 months to wait we were so excited! We talked with her birth-mom every week (sometimes more)! We became pretty close to her! We started to get things ready even though we didn't know if we were getting a boy or girl!
When the time finally came we got a call in the morning, I was in the shower and I didn't believe Eric when he told me! We hurried and got everything in the car and took care of some last minute stuff and we were on our way! We were about half way there and the case worker called to tell us we had a healthy baby girl! I was SO excited! We got to the hospital at 1:30 in the morning and they gave Tayli to us and set us up in a hospital room! We were so overwhelmed! Tayli didn't sleep at all that first night, we were so tired! We met with her birth-mom the next day and had a good visit with her and her parents! it was so emotional but wonderful at the same time! We were discharged from the hospital and drove the hour to Tucson where we stayed for a couple days waiting for paper work to be done. Then a couple days before Thanksgiving we got to take her home! She slept almost the whole way, 16 hours! What a good baby!
We couldn't be more happy to have Tayli in our family, we waited such a long time and now that shes here its a dream come true!!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

this is adorable...i'm so glad you started a blog! yeah!

cheribeth said...

this is a blog test.............

cheribeth said...

ok, Tayli-Bug! I have never blogged before.......... so you are the first one! Ha! I want to thank you for being in your mommy and Daddy's life, and I can't wait to see you when your Aunt Jessie graduates! And THEN i will come to your house and see you for your Monny and Daddy's birthday! Stay cute! Love from Oba Cheri