 |
| growing belly |
 |
| Squishy face baby! |
 |
| Such a cutie |
 |
| my view |
Well I figured it was time to post about my pregnancy since I am over half way done, and before my pregnancy mind kicks in and I forget everything! So here's our story!
We decided this spring to try to get pregnant using artificial insemination using donor sperm (IUI). Although we have always known this was an option it never felt right until now. I have always wanted to be pregnant and I figured now was the time since I am not getting any younger! Our first round was in May, it didn't work. We turned around and tried again the next month, upping the fertility drugs. Again it didn't take so I took a break as we were going to Denver and MN for a couple weeks and with IUI the timing has to be perfect. We tried for the the 3rd time in August again upping the fertility drugs making them triple what they were the first time. This included taking pills for 5 days then injections for 3. (yes I gave them to myself and no it really didn't hurt that bad!!!) I got an ultrasound to determine if I was ready for the procedure then we headed to UT for the insemination. I went alone this time and for some reason it took an hour and a half. Previously it had only take 20 mins. We had to wait 2 weeks to take a pregnancy test. I took one the 1st round then didn't take one the 2nd time. This time the 2 weeks fell on a Friday but I decided to wait and see if my monthly visitor came. On Monday night which happened to be Eric's birthday I figured why not take the test because I was sick of waiting and also I thought if it happened to be positive it would be a good birthday present!! So I took the test and to my shock and surprise it was positive. I showed it to Eric and he said "Are you being serious? How do you feel?" I said "um yes I'm serious and I am completely freaked out!" Ha, really though I have taken a lot of pregnancy tests in my life and I was not sure what to think when this one was positive! It was hard to believe and it took a long time to feel real....after 2 ultrasounds!! So after all that, I was pregnant and I was happy but then I started to feel pregnant. I am not great with pain and misery so I was a pathetic mess for a few months! At about 14 weeks I started to feel better, thank goodness because my kids were starting to like Eric more than me! I still have aches and pains, headaches, backaches and what not but I don't sit on the couch all day and I think feeling the baby move and seeing my belly grow reminds me of how amazing this all is!!! We had an ultrasound at 19 weeks. I was 99% sure it was a girl, I felt that way from the beginning, the heartbeat was always high, 163 bpm to be exact and Tayli had her heart set on a sister! Well the ultrasound was amazing, we had both the kids with us and it was fun to watch the baby wiggle and see the little fingers and toes! The baby was turned backwards the entire time so the tech suggested I empty my bladder to see if we could get it to turn. It worked and he told us we were having a BOY! Tayli was not happy, Eric was excited and Dre just said "hi baby"! Poor little Tay just wanted to get out of there, she had tears in her eyes and didn't care anymore. But a trip to McDonalds for lunch and a trip to the store to buy some cute boy clothes helped turn her around! She is so excited for a baby and is fine with having another brother! She has helped me hang all our boy clothes and get the nursery ready! She is going to be a big help when this little guy gets here in May. So for now we are slowly getting things ready and I am enjoying every kick and nudge from this little guy! Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out and we have a healthy little boy in 16 weeks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment