Thursday, September 18, 2014

Case Overload

Our first look at Mr. Case



the last picture I took before I had him

First photo!






















It's been so long since I have updated my blog, I don't know why I haven't had time....it might have something to do with this little cutie!
I figured I should write down how this little one came along before it's a complete blur! Case David arrived a week early on April 24th. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning to my water breaking. Eric thought I just peed my pants but after I made him check he agreed it was not pee! We woke up mom, I grabbed my hospital bags and away we went. The nurse informed us it would be a long day. The birthing center was completely full, and we could hear babies being born all around us. I was at 3 cm most of the day. They gave me the epidural around 1 in the afternoon, it was heavenly. Around 8 the nurse came in to check me and she let us know I was at an 8. That kind of freaked me out since everything had been so calm all day. I went quickly from there. I started to feel the contractions in my left hip so they came in to give me more medicine. The monitor that is supposed to let you know when you are having a contraction wasn't working so I had to really pay attention to the slight difference in pain I was feeling to know when to push. I did not know at the time but my doctor didn't think I would be able to deliver on my own and was thinking I would have to have a C-section, which explains why he would tell me to push and then he would just sit there with his arms folded ever so casually. Well I proved him wrong, I pushed for 31 minutes and our sweet little boy came out like a superhero with one arm straight out! He was born at 10:08 weighing 6 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches long. It was a long day but very smooth. I am so grateful it went so well. We stayed 2 days which I appreciated, Eric did not! I was glad to have help especially with breastfeeding. I struggled so much with it for about the 1st month. But I kept with it and I am so glad I did.
I can't believe that was almost 5 months ago. Case has grown so quickly and we have enjoyed every minute. He is a great baby. Very mild and calm and has the sweetest smile! He loves attention and wants to be held all the time. He only takes short naps maybe 30 minutes max if I lay him down. But he is always pretty happy so I don't mind that I don't get anything done. I can do housework later, he won't be small for long. His laugh is the cutest thing. He loves itsy bitsy spider and pat a cake. He thinks Tay and Dre are so funny. He is eating cereal and baby food and really wants to eat everything we eat. He can almost sit up by himself and can roll from his belly to his back, which he has been able to do since he was 1 month old. We are all so in love with him, he so sweet and cute I can hardly stand to put him down! I'm not ready for him to get bigger and want to be more independent, but I know it has to happen.

No comments: